Integrative Solutions to Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
Treatment is focused on the evaluation and treatment of all underlining factors that can contribute to these symptoms and includes the following:
- Improved digestive functioning and microbiome (healthy “good” bacteria) balancing.
- Hormone balancing: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, melatonin, thyroid, insulin.
- Identifying and addressing nutritional deficiencies and food allergies.
- Identification and safe detoxification from harmful toxins that can affect the brain and nervous system.
- Stress resiliency training with biofeedback.
- Partnership with a counselor for emotional support and to learn practical stress management skills.
- Genetic testing to guide medication recommendations when indicated. This can reduce the incidence of side effects and increase the effectiveness of medication.
Click here for more information.
Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The University of Arizona
Dr. Karen Bender began her career as a nurse. She then received her doctoral degree in naturopathic medicine so she could more fully practice the naturopathic approach of focusing on disease prevention and treating the whole person, mind, body, and spirit. Dr. Bender integrates and balances her knowledge and experience with conventional and naturopathic medicines to find the least invasive, effective therapeutic intervention. She believes in finding the root cause of illness so that the body can be supported in healing itself. Using tools such as biofeedback and mindfulness practices, Dr. Bender guides you to discover your own inner wisdom and self-compassion to assist you in this process. Having gone through her own healing journey, Dr. Bender empathizes with the struggles many face when experiencing chronic stress, anxiety, and depression. She is eager to listen to your unique story and facilitate your wellness journey!