This one is sure to help you warm up through the winter months
Adapted from Eat Right 4 Your Type Personalized Cookbook
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound ground organic turkey
• 1 9 oz. bag of organic spinach
• 1 12 oz. bag of organic, frozen artichoke hearts or cauliflower, thawed
• Seasoning: cinnamon, sweet paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder
• 1 can of either black, pinto or adzuki beans
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add in ground turkey and break apart with spatula so that it crumbles into small pieces. Thoroughly cook turkey until brown, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Puree spinach in a food processor with enough water to create a smooth sauce.
4. Add spinach mixture to turkey, onions and garlic.
5. Add in can of beans.
6. Season to taste with salt, cinnamon, sweet paprika, cumin, garlic & onion powder.
7. Cover and let simmer at least 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.