1 cup buckwheat groats
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli (I used organic, frozen broccoli rabe)
1 can organic adzuki beans
Tofu, organic & firm
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In one skillet, prepare buckwheat groats as directed on package
- In another skillet, sauté onion & carrots in olive oil
- Add in frozen broccoli and continue to sauté vegetables until cooked
- I seasoned vegetables with onion powder, garlic powder and salt
- Add in adzuki beans and 1 cup cooked buckwheat groats
- Ready to serve!
I used the remainder of the buckwheat as a side dish the following day with baked cod and added tofu to the veggie kasha for some extra protein. Yum!
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe!
Dr. Angela Karvounides