By Dr. Katie DiNello, ND
Losing weight is challenging – especially when we are up against sedentary jobs and limitless access to indulgent foods. When you want to lose weight, it’s often difficult to know where to start. There is so much conflicting information on which approach is best for weight loss. Some people feel great intermittent fasting and eating a keto diet, while others feel best eating several small meals each day. Your weight loss journey should be tailored to your specific needs based on your metabolic, gut, and hormone health. With First Line Therapy, we customize your plan based on these individualized needs. We will measure specific lab markers that provide us with data to create the perfect weight loss plan for you. We will also focus on your intentions and mindset work to help you make long-lasting behavioral changes.
First Line Therapy is a 14-week lifestyle medicine program designed to help you establish new healthy habits. It can be used to help reverse:
- Insulin Resistance
- Elevated Cholesterol
- Autoimmune Disorders
First Line Therapy Includes:
- An initial 60-minute visit with Dr. DiNello to assess your individual wellness needs. In this visit you will have the opportunity to share your health story, and we will create a comprehensive treatment plan to address your health concerns. We will also order blood work based on your needs. Please note, prices for blood work vary based on your insurance.
- A 30-minute follow-up appointment with Dr. DiNello to review your bloodwork and discuss key nuances to incorporate into your weight loss plan.
- Follow-up visits with Dr. DiNello once weekly for 12 weeks to guide your lifestyle medicine treatment plan and help you incorporate new healthy habits.
- Your treatment plan will include a personalized meal plan based on your body composition and weight loss goals and may include a metabolic detoxification or stress management plan based on your health needs.
- Three body composition scans to assess your skeletal muscle, body fat, and visceral fat. Please note, each scan is $20.
- Educational handouts and recipes
The goal of this program is to help you jump start a sustainable health journey you will be able to maintain for the long term. You will gain momentum and establish new behavioral changes that lead you toward your optimal body composition and health goals. This is not a quick fix. You won’t have dramatic weight loss in the first few weeks. We are in this for the long haul with you!
Investment: Each visit and labs are billed through insurance if we are in-network with your insurance. These costs will vary based on your insurance plan. Supplements and InBody scans are an additional cost.
When: This program will be offered at Whole Health Wellness Center starting on Thursday, February 1st.
For more details and scheduling options, please call the office at (860) 674-0111.